COVID-19 Links and Resources
Manitoba Association of Friendship Centre’s COVID-19 Response, Information and Resources
Our office is currently open, and we have taken several proactive measures to address the challenges that COVID-19 brings and avoid any disruption to our services. We are working very hard to protect the health of all our employees and guests such as:
– Regularly disinfecting handles, doors, and common surfaces
– Providing hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes when available
– Ensuring social distance protocols for staff to work safely
– Communicating with member Friendship Centres, partners and employees via Zoom, email, and telephone
Manitoba’s Friendship Centre’s include:
– Brandon Friendship Centre
– Dauphin Friendship Centre
– Elbert Chartrand Friendship Centre
– Flin Flon Friendship Centre
– Lynn Lake Friendship Centre
– Ma-Mow-We-Tak Friendship Centre
– Portage La Prairie Friendship Centre
– Riverton Friendship Centre
– Selkirk Friendship Centre
– The Pas Friendship Centre
– Winnipeg Friendship Centre Program
Each individual Friendship Centre has a governing Board of Directors and an Executive
Director. These teams will coordinate any actions that they are taking with the COVID 19 virus as they deem appropriate.
We recommend that people check in on your Elders and elderly, and other vulnerable people in your community.
The following links and resources are not an exhaustive list and have been compiled for your convenience. Feel free to look through them for ideas and guidance on some COVID-19 supports.
Links and Resources
Link to Accessing Numerous Financial Benefits and Support
COVID-19 Gov MB Posters
COVID-19 Phishing Scams and Fraud Information
First Nations Health and Social Secretariat of Manitoba COVID-19 webpage
For Children and Parents
Housing in Manitoba & COVID-19
The Seniors’ Information Line – Seniors’ programs and services. Call the information line toll free at 1-800-665-6565 (outside Winnipeg) or email email@example.com.
COVID-19 and Ceremonial/Spiritual Practices
Non-Profits for Helping Others During COVID-19